Key Learning Objectives of the Live Training Seminar:
- Through the use of patient cases, discuss best practices for managing common chronic conditions and identify relevant patient assessment skills.
- Learn a systematic process for assessing medications for appropriateness, effectiveness, safety, and adherence.
- Learn how to use shared-decision making with patients and health care team to create an individualized care plan to optimize medication therapy.
- Identify and practice using tools to assess health literacy and medication adherence that can be efficiently integrated with the patient visit.
- Review recent evidence-based literature and best practices for team-based care.
- Identify implementation strategies, including communicating pharmacist roles and responsibilities with care team, planning for patient care space and panel sizes, using registries to identify patients for services, developing collaborative practice agreements, and developing and maintaining relationships with care team.
- Identify key elements needed to document pharmacist care and methods and tools for documentation.
- Learn how to use quality improvement strategies to monitor implementation of services.
- Construct a business model for a team-based health care service.
- Make a business case to key audiences for a teambased health care service.
Date: Jun 9, 2017 08:00 AM - Jun 10, 2017 05:00 PM
Location: MCV Alumni House, 1016 E Clay St, Room 114, Richmond, VA, 23298
Registration closes on Jun 01, 2017 10:00 AM
- Practice Based
- Pharmacy Administrators
- Health-System Administrators
VCU School of Pharmacy, Office of Continuing Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Requirements for CE Credit
All registrants whill receieve credit upon successful completion of the learning assessment activities and the submittal of an evaluation form.