Date: Apr 8, 2017 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Registration closes on Apr 06, 2017 05:00 PM
VCU School of Pharmacy Office of Continuing Education is on probation as an accredited provider of continuing pharmacy education by the Accreditation Coutncil for Pharmacy Education
Registration closes on Apr 06, 2017
at 05:00 PM
- Apply the general principles of ASP and ASP approaches to interventions towards reducing inappropriate antimicrobial use.
- Interpret the spectrum, adverse drug effects, drug interactions, and mechanisms of resistance and treatment options for resistant organisms, and the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic aspects of antimicrobials.
- Compare the role of microbiology laboratory such as interpretation and reporting of microbiologic data, including viruses and fungi, incorporation of antibiogram data into ASP strategies and ASP tracking systems, and options for rapid diagnostic testing.
- Evaluate the level of evidence of guidelines concerning common infectious syndromes and their role in ASP strategies.
- Evaluate appropriate ASP measures and analyses to track and assess program outcomes, including measurement of antimicrobial drug usage.
- Use effective communication skills to obtain support and buy-in for ASP from a variety of stakeholders.
Amy Pakys, Pharm.D
Shaina Bernard, Pharm.D